Staffing Agency Insurance: What to Look For In a Cover Letter
As a recruiter, one of the most important lessons you can teach your potential candidates is the power of a well-crafted resume or CV, and cover letter. Candidates need to take the time to draft a tailored cover letter that helps them stand out, but many don’t know how to. Here are the essential qualities of a good cover letter:
- Full contact information– Candidates often reserve this for the resume; however they need to consider the possibility of the cover letter becoming separated. Contact info should be clear and easy to find.
- Hiring source’s contact information– As a recruiter, this will likely be you. However many employers still may request a separate application, and in that case, candidates should be clear on who they are addressing the cover letter to. If they don’t have access to the person’s name, “Dear Company Representative” or “Dear Hiring Manager” will suffice.
- Keywords– It’s important for a cover letter to contain descriptive noun phrases from skills listed in the job description. This is an opportunity for the candidate to express how they are able to produce as an employee of that particular company, and why.
- Accomplishments– Candidates should highlight their accomplishments from previous experience, positions, or even education. Doing so will allow the pre-screener to make a quantifiable comparison from their previous experience.
- Follow-up– While in the temporary staffing industry a candidate may not be able to request this, one of the traits of a good cover letter is for the candidate to let the employer know that they will be contacting them at a particular time to follow-up on the status of their application.
World Wide Specialty Programs has always had a singular purpose – to design, develop and provide staffing insurance products for the staffing industry. Working with over 2,000 insurance brokers nationwide, we know the staffing industry better than anyone, and can provide great options for your staffing industry insurance needs. Contact us today for more information about our staffing agency insurance solutions. (877) 256-0468.