Every company is looking to hire the right person. Someone with skills and talent that can perform at a high-level and fits with the company culture. It’s also important to stay protected with Staffing Agency Liability.
According to a satire piece in Abbey Placements, there are so many tools for screening and recruiting that it makes it almost impossible to ever hire the wrong person. Here’s what to do when hiring the right person.
- Ask a lot of questions. Let the interviewees prove themselves. If they answer the questions in the appropriate manner than you’ve got a potential employee. Allow them to present themselves with answers to questions.
- Look outside the pool. Recruit not only from the pool of people actively looking for work but from those who you think want advancement opportunities. There are tons of individuals looking for work while they’re working, so it’s important to keep them in mind.
- Identify top talent. The top performers in your company are the best role models for what you want when hiring the right person. Keep them close because they can help you identify what you’re looking for in future candidates.
- Make the application process easy and quick. Since most candidates are busy working and looking for other jobs, it’s important to keep the application process as simple as possible. You might be missing out on top performers just because your hiring process is difficult.
- Don’t follow strict job requirements for education and experience. Keep in mind all aspects of a good candidate: talent, great attitude, education, and experience. These are all key factors in a potential candidate.
At World Wide Specialty Programs, we’ve designed our professional liability to cater to a diversity of staffing industries. We go above and beyond by tracking developments and ensuring that your staffing industry is ready for change and protected with the right insurance products and services. For more information, call us today at 877.256.0468.