Staffing Agency Insurance: Consequences of Neglecting Employee Engagement
In our previous blog, we reviewed large firm’s disregard for employee engagement and further explained its implications. This time around, we want to encourage employers to acknowledge and understand the consequences of neglecting employee engagement. Low employee engagement can trigger loss in service, quality, retention, and revenue.
Most organizations continually spend their time, money, and resources on refining their product. And while this may produce positive results, it’s sometimes misused effort.
Your workforce is the end all be all. Therefore, they must be attended to as such. In fact, there is a correlation between employee engagement and performance at the workplace. According to research conducted by Gallup, low employee engagement costs the country’s employees almost 370 billion dollars each year. The study concluded that employee engagement produces the following outcomes;
- 37% lower absenteeism
- 25% lower turnover (high turnover companies)
- 65% lower turnover (low turnover companies)
- 48% fewer safety incidents
- 28% less shrinkage
- 41% fewer patient safety incidents
- 41% fewer quality incidents/defects
- 10% higher customer metrics
- 21% higher productivity
- 22% higher profitability
Restoring employee engagement takes time and constant communication between upper management and staff. There are two areas that are proven to increase employee engagement
- Enabling workers with internal support, resources and tools
- Creating a work environment with positive energy (promoting physical, emotional and social well-being
So, what does a healthy work environment look like?
- Workloads are manageable
- Stress is minimal
- Employees are not constantly working overtime
- Organization encourages a balance work and personal life
- Upper management supports policies that promote health and well-being
World Wide Specialty Programs has always had a singular purpose – to design, develop and provide staffing insurance products for the staffing industry. Working with over 2,000 insurance brokers nationwide, we know the staffing industry better than anyone, and can provide great options for your staffing industry insurance needs. Contact us today for more information about our staffing agency insurance solutions. (877) 256-0468.