When calling candidates for potential positions they can fill, it’s important for recruiters to keep their attention on the phone. It’s a fact that calling candidates is the most efficient way to recruit because it’s easy, logical, quick and produces immediate results. Keep in mind, insuring your firm with Recruiter Liability is an important step to a successful staffing business.
According to an article in CareerBuilder, there are certain ways to improve your recruiting calls with candidates to make them more effective and productive. Here are 6 tips to implement in your next calls.
- Understand the market segment. Before contacting candidates, try to determine what market segment they are a part of. This pool of candidates can be broken down into different segments: geographic, demographic, psychographic and behavioral. The message you want to send can be altered to their specific segment and what they are interested in.
- Establish initial conversation. When cold calling candidates, it’s important to find out if they are qualified in the first few minutes. You don’t want to be wasting your time on a candidate who won’t fit the job. Once you know they are right for the position, you can appropriately establish rapport.
- Recognize the value of their skills. Take into account that a lot of these top candidates want to hear the best potential opportunity. Make sure that the job relates to their aspirations and career goals. Most potential employees want the opportunity to grow in a position and are much more interested to hear more about the company.
- Make the new job exceptional. Most candidates want to know what makes this position a better opportunity than their current job. They want to hear what is in it for them-this makes the recruiter in charge of selling the job.
- Stay connected. Although unworthy candidates can be unappealing on the phone, they may know someone that will be just as interested or more qualified for the position.
- Network. By proactively networking with competent candidates, you will reap the benefits. Referrals are also an important part when asking candidates who reject the position.
At World Wide Speciality Insurance, we provide insurance policies that address your needs as a staffing firm. We work to offer all our clients with the best possible coverage as far as insurance goes. Our goal is to protect your staffing industry from legal actions resulting in financial loss. For more information on our professional liability solutions, call us today at 877.256.0468.